Accounting and Financial Reporting for HR Pros
- Format: Self-Paced
- Course Duration: 1 hrs 0 mins
- SHRM Professional Development Credits: 1
- HRCI Business Recertification Credits: 1
- Certificate of Completion
You don’t have to be an Accountant to understand Accounting and Financial Reporting. No need to worry about T accounts, making journal entries, or assessing debits and credits, here. Just an explanation of what the accounting function is and how it works; leading up to being able to produce financial reports that reflect the health of the organization and point to areas that may need attention.
We’ll cover different types of transactions, the ways that information is collected and how it is used to a business’ advantage. It’s not by just providing profit/loss data but tying into inventory control, supply chain, and other operational efficiencies.
In addition, we’ll review primary financial statements including the Income Statement, Cash Flow Statement and Balance Sheet and how they apply to both small companies and giant corporations, alike.
Students will also learn about:
- What other tell-tale items can be gleaned from collected and stored data
- The availability of information: Public vs. Private enterprises
- How computers and communication have been utilized to increase accuracy and speed of processing
- Internal and External control: CPA’s and the auditing function
Over the course of his career, Jack has provided various business services to hundreds of companies throughout the U.S. including United Technologies Corporation (UTC), Siebel Systems, Staples Communications, and Shared...Jack's Full Bio