HR Jetpack Instructors
Mario Barrera has over 35 years' experience handling first chair cases and trying those cases to verdict or before an arbitrator. As a labor and employment partner in Norton Rose Fulbright's San Antonio office, Mario has been involved in individual and class/collective actions involving:
- Race, national origin, religion and gender discrimination (including sexual harassment) and retaliation under Title VII and Chapter 21 of the Texas Labor Code
- Age discrimination and retaliation cases under Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) and Chapter 21 of the Texas Labor Code
- Workers compensation retaliation under Section 451 of the Texas Labor Code
- Misclassification and overtime claims under the Fair Labor Standards Act
- Discrimination and retaliation claims under the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Discrimination claims under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Breach of fiduciary claims under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration Act (OSHA)
- Restrictive Covenants (non-compete and non-solicitation)
- Employment torts and contractual claims
Mario has conducted both employment investigations and training seminars for a variety of clients.
He was certified in labor and employment law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in 1989.
Mario is licensed to practice in Texas and before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, the Federal Circuit, the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas and the U.S. Supreme Court.
1984 - J.D., The University of Texas School of Law
1981 - B.A., magna cum laude, Pan American University